Where ya goin'?

Friday, January 21, 2011

Business is booming!

Well, not really "booming..." but it's off to a fabulous start. I haven't had the luck with Etsy that I'd hoped, but I started a Facebook page (4Hankins Crochet)... Good decision! I've already made three sales and have had several items used in photo shoots as advertisement, and have two more shoots coming up, which are potential sales. I have so many ideas... Just need the time to create! I'm very excited about this adventure, and I'm getting very proud. So, the first thing I will post are pictures from shoots! (The first four are courtesy of Kim Sawyer Design & Photography, also on Facebook!)

 Some of what I sold:
 #1- My very first customer's matching set!
#2- A work in progress... I'm waiting on some clips to come in so I can make my flowers detachable. These three flowers are all going to the same person, whom I'm making a few other things for as well!

Also, I have made a couple of new things:
#1- A super chunky oversized hat for my little girl, to take some adorable pictures in. :)
#2- A Valentine's Day inspired hat
#3-6- A set I made today, for someone who my husband works with. His work gets together and gets a collection of money and clothing going when someone has a baby. I had fun designing and creating this set.

Well, I hope everyone has wonderful weekend! I will be focusing on cleaning, because I've spent so much time crocheting this week. I still have several WIPs... two ponchos and hat sets, for two different photo shoots... the rest of the flower set... and a long list of things I want to make for my own little lady. I stocked up on yarn this week... About 20 skeins & 3 trips to Michael's. I have fallen in love with their Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn. The more I use it, the more I love it. It's "baby soft" in my opinion, and I'm very picky. I also love the colors. I have never been so mesmerized by yarn as I'm working with it, but I'm definitely obsessing over this stuff!! Even better, it's been $2 a skein this week!!!!!! LOVE that price! I really wanted to get a bunch more to start a Babette, but I know I won't have the time for that any time in the near to distant future, lol. Ahhh, so anyways. Wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Carol said...

AWESOME!!!

PattieJ said...

Thanks's for stopping by my blog! Adorable crochet work! Wishing you all the best in your crochet sales!

Pattie

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...