Where ya goin'?

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An award!?!? YAY, me!!!!

Thanks so much to Shanti over at Wires & Yarns for presenting me with: (cue in dramatic music)




 As all awards, it comes with certain rules that I have to follow now...

     ** thank and link back to person who awarded you   done!
     ** share 7 things about yourself    done!
     ** pay it forward to 15 discovered bloggers    done!
     ** contact these bloggers and tell them about the award    working on it!

7 things:
1. I am almost 30 weeks pregnant with my first daughter.
2. In Dec 2010, I bought a car for the first time EVER!
3. I love trying new cooking and baking recipes, but they don't always turn out as planned.
4. I have only two friends where I live now, so blogging has become a good way for me to reach out and "meet" new people.
5. I have a Bachelor's degree in Interdisciplinary Studies K-8, taught second grade for a year, and will have a Master's degree in Mathematics Education in March.... but I'm taking several years off to be a stay-at-home mom.
6. I found out what true love was when I married my husband and moved across the country.
7. Although I love to crochet, I don't think I am a very creative person, and I have a hard time coming up with ideas on my own!


15 bloggers:
**I'm glad it says "discovered" bloggers, because all of these blogs are very newly discovered for me, since I just started my blog. I'm not sure if I will even make it to 15!
1. Carol (my mom) @ Just a Virginia Girl
2. Heather (my sister) @ Abby J's Quilting Mommy
3. Ashleigh @ My Sweet Little Life
4. Victoria @ ...yarn round hook... 
5. Kristi @ Hair Pretties by Kristi
6. Alicia @ Crochet to Go
7. Samantha @ The Handmade Dress
8. Caroline @ The Kansas Hooker
9. The Sunroom
10. Michelle @ The Royal Sisters
11. Ladylinoleum @ Monster Crochet 
**Well, that's all I got, because I was trying not to repeat anyone who just got the award. These are the blogs I have been following lately. I have gotten a lot of inspiration from them, maybe even a few patterns, and I really enjoy keeping up with them.


That's all for today! I'm leaving for our play date in about an hour, and I have yet to figure out what I'm taking to work on!

2 comments:

YarnRoundHook said...

Thanks for the award! Cute bump pics in your last post. I thought for a moment you had a tape measure tied around your bump in that last picture!

- said...

Congrats on your award and your pregnancy! I've become a follower of your blog too!

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...