Where ya goin'?

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our muffins are banana or applesauce flavored. Well, I left my handy dandy Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book at my parents' house at Christmas time so I have started googling more recipes and branching out a little bit from our usual banana and chocolate chip muffins. 

That has led me to an amazing discovery. 



Because of my daughter's complex list of life-threatening food allergies, even "allergy-friendly" and "vegan" recipes usually need to be modified. And I just rarely follow anything 100%... So this recipe was an amazing starting point for me, but I did make a few changes:

*I don't use any wheat flour... Just all unbleached all-purpose flour.
*Instead of almond milk, I use rice milk.
*I don't love EVOO in baked goods, so I use canola oil.
*For the drizzle I like melted butter + confectioner's sugar, with maybe a little rice milk. I kind of wing this to make it taste good, and NOT like rice. 


YUM. I think I threw a little nutmeg in this batch. And doubled it.

I rarely make these the same way every time. Sometimes I just make the muffins with nothing on top. Sometimes I dip them in melted butter and then in a cinnamon sugar mix. Sometimes I make the drizzle. No matter what, they are *AMAZING.*


I could drink that. Do yourself a favor and go make these muffins!

(You can also sub the flour for a GF one-to-one flour. I've done it!)

No comments:

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...