Where ya goin'?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

To Give...

Sometimes, doesn't it feel soooo much better to just GIVE? In between my projects, I'm crocheting pieces and hats for Warm Up America. There is a drop box at my local Michael's. The pieces must be 7" x 9" and will be made into blankets for homeless, people at shelters, hospitals, etc. The hats are for premature babies. I love to crochet and I love to help people. Either of these takes such a short amount of time, that I try to do one between each of my larger projects. Here is a preemie hat I made:





I also made a good "pen pal" of mine a blanket for her son. I met her online when I was pregnant with my son, and she was due on the same day. Since then she has had a little girl and just had her third a couple weeks ago. I'm going to make her oldest two hats, but she really wanted her littlest to have a nice, warm, cuddly blanket and she doesn't know anyone who crochets to teach her how. Here's the blanket:

No comments:

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...