Where ya goin'?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The prettiest hat...

I wanted a big flower. I found a big flower pattern. I made a big flower.
 This did not turn out very similar to the pattern (the pattern looked WAY better), but it's good enough for me. I worked backwards here. I made the "embellishment" I wanted, and didn't have a clue what it was going to go on. A flower this big needed a really pretty hat. Then, the hat pattern search began... I probably spend more time surfing for patterns than I do crocheting! Finally, I found one, and it was the PERFECT one! (The search was worth it!)


 I love the detail of this hat. It looks elegant to me. I can't wait to see it on my little girl! Next, I added the big flower.
 Okay, so the flower is going to be almost as big as my newborn's head... I bet it will make for some adorable pictures! =)

EDIT: I have since made this hat again, but I tried to make it larger. The top turned out a little different, but fine, nonetheless. This will be a Christmas gift for my almost 4 year old cousin. I don't know how my aunt would feel about a big honkin' flower, so I made a teeny one, just to accent the hat a little. [Side note: I really enjoy crocheting flowers!]

I will have to make about, hmmm, 7-8 more of these to give to friends.. I just love it! & I think it would be so adorable for my friends' girls to have matching hats.. I have several who have 2 girls each. Next up, though, will definitely be my beautiful niece.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love this hat, It is so sweet and dainty! I can't wait to see it on the 'lil Miss!

Kristin said...

Thanks :) Me too!

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...