Where ya goin'?

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Not so sure...

Again, I had a picture in my head and I looked and looked and looked for a pattern. I found one close enough. It was a Mini Hat Trick pattern on Lion Brand's website. I started the pattern for the newborn size and it was waaaaay too small. I started over and followed the 12 month size and it still turned out too small, so I tweaked it a little. I crochet pretty tight, but geez, lol, I guess people think all babies have very small heads. My first was over 9 lbs with a big ol' head, so I know this little miss won't be teeny tiny.

 As I said in my first post... I'm not a girly girl. I don't like pink. I'm getting used to pink if it's mixed in with green or brown, or something to contrast it. I also don't mind if it's a pretty eye-popping pink... I want her to have some blues in her wardrobe, but I don't want people asking me if she's a boy. I love this blue with this shade of pink, but I'm not so sure about this hat. It is something I will just have to see on her when she gets here! [If it fits!]

EDIT! My mom suggested that I put a pom pom on top... I liked the idea, and so I made my first pom pom

Is this too much of a "wintry" hat for a March/April baby?

2 comments:

Carol said...

It's cute! How about adding a pink pom pom to the top? Love it though!

Kristin said...

Great idea!!! That would help it out a lot. I began a hat while cooking dinner... I'll be finishing that in a few minutes and then starting on my first pom pom!!! Thanks.

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...