Where ya goin'?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First timer...

I plan to make my daughter lots and lots of booties! So fuzzy and warm... I just have to. For my first attempt, I used a simple pattern from the Lion Brand website:






It had been so long since I crocheted, that I was off to a slow start. It took me a while to make my daughter's first blanket... and I was spending all of my free time on it. My son would always ask "You're making that for sister?" I started feeling pretty bad that I was making her things, and I didn't want him to get the baby jealousy already and feel left out. BUT, he's a boy, and I don't like this kind of stuff on boys! Blankets sure, but he has so many... My mom, my sister, and I all crocheted him baby blankets, and now my mom and sister are into quilting, so he has a couple of quilts and a couple other blankets my mom has made (his favorites: John Deere & Spiderman). Finally, I decided on a hat. It's always cold here; hats are good. So, for the first time, I made a hat. It was plain and simple; one, because it was my first time, and two, I just feel for a boy it should be plain and simple, lol. Here is his camo hat:



I am still crocheting baby girl things all the time, so I'm racking my brain for anything else I can make my son. I don't like any crocheted clothes for boys.... I'm thinking about some socks for him to wear around the house, and maybe some more hats. I just don't know! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hats and socks are a great idea. You could also make him some Amigurmi. Cute little animals. I attempted an elephant but I put it down because the trunk was...well, looking more like another part of his anatomy! LOL

Kristin said...

They are cute! I have seen some I might try, but I have to get that filler stuffing stuff.

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...