Where ya goin'?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Beautiful things for a beautiful lady...

I bought a skein of yarn, solely for the pattern on the label. I liked the yarn, too, but I LOVED the dress on the label... Turns out that it's a knitting pattern. It's Bernat, so I went on their website, but they don't have it in crochet there either. I went on a mission to find something similar to it, but I haven't yet. I don't know if I will ever be able to stop looking for it... I love this dress so much!
Well, while I was looking through what seemed like hundreds of patterns, I found just ONE other dress that I liked. This was probably my most difficult project ever, but I still didn't have a hard time with it. The pattern called for two skeins of yarn, but didn't specify the yardage or ounces, so I ended up having to drive 30 mins to JoAnn's two days in a row, to get that one last skein to finish the dress. It took about 3 1/2 skeins of Vanna Baby yarn, but I LOVE it!!!


 Not only was this my first dress, it was my first time ever sewing on a button. EVER!
 My son's poor monkey... I don't have any dolls, so George is the tester. Hey, he's supposed to be curious, right!?
 The dress pattern called for a piece of ribbon threading around the waist part and tied in the front, but I left that out. Next, I wants to make her a matching headband and booties. Again, I had pictures in my head, and couldn't find patterns. For the booties, I used the simple booties pattern I had found before, but altered it to be closer to my idea, and found a separate pattern for the flowers.
 I was also unable to find a headband pattern. I just wanted a simple headband with a flower on it. All of the free patterns I found of headbands were funky or too small or too big or tied in the back... After looking at enough patterns, I figured I could make my own.



Well, that's my daughter's first "matching" outfit!

No comments:

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...