Where ya goin'?

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things I'm Loving...

This week has been really busy, and the next two weeks will be TWICE as busy... So I was glad to get on Blogger and see something that made me remember to "stop and smell the roses."

Here are the things I'm loving right now!!!:

My new diamond earrings my hubby got me for Valentine's Day! We didn't really do Christmas; we decided to wait a couple of months to conserve money at Christmas time.... They are gorgeous! My very first diamond was my engagement ring, and now these... :)

The Playstation 3 that I bought DH for Valentine's Day!! One of my goals when I started selling my crocheted stuff was to get him a PS3 or a new Xbox since his broke two days before Thanksgiving... I was able to save up HALF! I am very proud of myself for contributing, so I didn't feel like he bought it for himself! It's awesome being able to stream Netflix to the tv now, since we turned off our cable a while back, and the picture is amazing... I know he loves it, because he can't stop playing it!!! :)

Darling little bows and beautiful baby clothes!!! I'm due five weeks from today, and I just can't wait to meet this little girl constantly moving inside me!!

Swimming! My son has only been able to go swimming a few times each summer, and every year it's the same: The first time is torture, the second time is a little less scary, the third time is okay, and the fourth time he loves it... and then we don't go again until the following year, so the cycle repeats itself! Well, we suddenly decided to start going to the indoor pool on base once a week, and ----SUCCESS!!!! It took him the first couple of trips to ease into it, and then we got him a puddle jumper, which is AMAZING!! Now, he loves swimming around all by himself. I can't believe how "big" he has gotten in just a few trips!

Quality family time!!! A couple days ago, my son started saying the cutest thing to my husband... When we turn a show or movie on, he scoots over on his little couch, pats it, and says "You can sit on my couch, there is plenty of room right here." LOL

Making new crocheted things.... Being more creative!! I just need more time to make all the things I want to try!
My Facebook page for selling this stuff...

Being only a couple of weeks away from having my MASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And last, but not least... something that I cannot post a picture for... My daughter doing somersaults inside me! She is SO active! Way more active than my son was... She is moving constantly. It's amazing to me how one second she makes my belly look like a rectangle, and then a star, and then a square, lol... It's never round... She is always sticking a body part out of a few places! I will truly miss feeling her moving around, but I will be oh-so-happy to hold her in my arms! Here's a 34 week shot of the belly:

Well, it has brought me a lot of joy to sit here and think about some of the best things in my life right now... I hope everyone takes a few minutes to do the same. :-D

Thank you to paisleyjade for starting this. :)

5 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - I love your list!!! Your crochet stuff is amazing - and yay for your little girl on the way! Thanks for joining in. xoxo

Kristin said...

Thank you!!! I definitely needed a break in all of the madness of the last couple of weeks and the upcoming couple of weeks to remind myself of some of those little moments... Thanks for posting!

Shanti said...

Oh Kristin!!!! everything looks delightful and great things to be pround and happy for!
I'm excited for you and I hope your netx few weeks will be great in the waiting and preparation for your little girl!!!!
We'll wait to read more about all of it!
The best for all,
shanti

Valery (CEO Wanna Be) said...

Hi I am a new follower. I just stumbled upon your blog and love it.
http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

Thanks, Shanti!! Can't wait to be able to post some pictures of her!!

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...