Where ya goin'?

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Don't blink! 5 years will pass!

Last time I popped on here, I said I was back! And then I didn't post again...

Such is life. The best laid plans don't always turn out exactly how you ... planned.

Last time I popped on here, I introduced our third child. She was 15 months old, but she got an introduction!

Since then, we have added a 4th... She is almost 3 and a half. And next month, we are adding a 5th! Time really does fly, doesn't it??

Last time I popped on here, we had moved from Washington state to Virginia.

Since then, we have lived in Georgia, and we are now in Kentucky. We have been through a 9 month deployment, a badly broken arm for child #3, and a food allergy diagnosis for child #4. Honestly, I don't even know what else, because I blinked and here we are.

We have decided to homeschool our children, and have been doing so for the last 5-6 years (depending on when you say we started... that's how we roll - who cares about grade levels and such?). I still craft. I have sewn some clothes and some quilts, I've crocheted blankets and sweaters for my babies, and I've learned to knit! I actually just finished my knitted baby blanket. Maybe that's why I haven't blogged. I started the baby blanket in January 2017. Hmm... I love baking from scratch, too. And I'm a total book-a-holic. Probably that's where I've really been - absorbed in a few (hundred) good books. A few years ago I set a goal to read more books. And then I set a goal to read 24 in a year and managed to read 45. So then I set a goal to read 50 and read 75. I guess we will see how many I manage to read this year...

I thought it might be fun to share with you all some of my favorite things about life. Maybe have a little journal for myself to look back on someday. There are so many times homeschooling feels amazing, and so many times that I feel defeated. There are so many successful craft projects completed, and so many that I struggle with. There are tons of successful goodies baked, and let's be honest, not many of those turn out wrong, although I did accidentally use way too much baking soda in some focaccia a few months ago, and it was probably the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth. Our dog wouldn't even eat it.

I hope you'll join me here again. :)

(Our most recent professional family pic... It's only about 18 months old.)

No comments:

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...