Where ya goin'?

Friday, May 10, 2019

Crocheting for Baby

Baby #5 is due next month. Being a summer month, I wasn't planning to have a blanket ready before she comes. Mostly because I wanted to knit her one, and the last baby blanket took me two years (with a long time off in there, and not working on it daily or even weekly ::cough:: or monthly).

A friend shared this "Call the Midwife Pattern" with me that she was planning to make for her summer baby. I LOVED it, and it worked up quicker than I could imagine. I can't wait to wrap my sweet new babe in it!


Pattern: http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/call-the-midwife-inspired-baby-blanket-free-pattern/

I also made this adorable onesie for our babe, and I'm so in love with it, I want to make more!! Unfortunately, I still haven't put buttons on it yet... #thelittlethings I've got six weeks to get those buttons on!

Pattern: https://www.etsy.com/listing/522445720/crochet-pattern-baby-romper-sizes-0-3?ref=hp_rv-2
Sidenote: I have adored monpetitviolon's patterns for a very long time. Highly recommend!

I *did* cast on a blanket for this sweet babe, too. I have actually cast on 4 time, but I the 4th time's a charm. That's how the saying goes, right? One of those times was my own mistake, dropping stitches. I can pick up or fix some errors, but I think I dropped them into the row before even?? I don't know what I'm doing with knitting yet... BUT with my third try, I realized, "this pattern is just not working out the way it should." Turns out, it was written with mistakes in it, and my mom found corrections online when I told her what I was thinking. I've made some progress since this row, so I'll post updates soon. This was actually cast on #3. God uses so many things to teach me patience. Knitting is sure one of them!



This is knitted blanket #1 - a work of love for sure. I spent a lot of time with this thing. I learned a lot. The whole process so reminds me of motherhood. :) You can see there were mistakes I just couldn't undo... but overall it turned out very well, and I'm happy with it. I'm gifting it to a friend for her rainbow baby.




What MamaCrafts have you got going on?

No comments:

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...