Where ya goin'?

Monday, March 5, 2012

Celebrating One Year

Someone has a birthday coming up!!!!!!!! While visiting family, we went ahead and had a little birthday party. Everything turned out wonderfully, so I just have to share the party food and decorations! Her theme was owls, and pink/white/black. YAY!

I had the shirt made by The Sweet and Sassy Boutique, and I sewed her skirt onto it using this tutorial I found on Pinterest.

If you're in the eastern VA area, I had her cake made by Some10Sweet in Suffolk. She has made three other cakes for me, including my wedding cake. They are always stunning AND delicious!

I got the idea for the birdnest snacks here (also on Pinterest). It's just chow mein and melted chocolate. Luckily her birthday is close to Easter and I could get the jelly beans for them!

This idea also came from something I saw on Pinterest. I used strawberry cake mix to make the cookies, and hugs in the center. It looks pretty cool if you leave the cookies on the hot pan with the "hug" already on, instead of putting them on the cooling rack, too! (bottom plate) hehe :)


I ordered the invitations and thank you cards from Vistaprint; her pictures were done by Jennifer Magee Photography. I will post more of those when I get the CD. =D It's at home waiting for me!

I made the birthday girl's banner using my Cricut Expression, with the Alphalicious and Hoot 'n Holler cartridges. I also made confetti for the table with it.

It all came together nicely, I think. ;)

Birthday girl didn't dig into her cake like I'd hoped, but she enjoyed it. She is very precise and likes to pick up small things with her thumb and forefinger. She had quite a time trying to pick at the owl's eyes.

I hope everyone's had a great weekend! I know mine was full of family and fun!

3 comments:

catedunham said...

WOW! Eerything looks amazing! Your little one is beautiful!

Kristin said...

Thank you so much! :)

Carol said...

It was a wonderful party!

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...