Where ya goin'?

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Monster Cookies

It's been a long time since my last post, so I thought I'd post a sweet treat!

With my neighbor's encouragement, I've been breaking out the stand mixer more often (well, twice) and baking! This week, my son and I made monster cookies together. They are one of my favorite treats that my mom bakes when we do our Christmas baking. I didn't have her recipe, which makes a TON of cookies, but I googled and used Paula Deen's recipe, which made about 3 dozen large cookies.


You will need:
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. The recipe says to line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, but I just greased mine. Mix the first three ingredients well.


Add the next 4 ingredients, and mix well.


Stir in everything else.


Eat some of the candies, of course!



After you've stirred in everything, you should have a big glob of amazing monster-ness. :)


Drop by tablespoons, leaving enough room between them. Bake for 8-10 mins. Cool for 3 mins on the pan, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.



Silly me, I forgot to take pictures after we were done... I didn't realize it until I started this post, and we don't have much left. :) They are too delicious not to eat quickly!

Enjoy. I have convinced myself that these are healthy because of all the peanut butter, oats, and raisins. Right!? ;)

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Hi Kristin,

I sent you a message on Ravelry. We'd like to use one of your patterns as a mystery crochet-along. If you have a moment, please take a look.

Thanks,
Ariel

My New Favorite Muffins

Because of food allergies, we are dairy and egg free. The safest egg replacement options for us are banana and applesauce. So usually our m...